Local Author Consignments Submissions Guidelines
**SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CHECK BACK WITH US FOR ANY UPDATES.
Author Consignment Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions will only be considered in March, September.
- If interested in consignment after reading this (please read thoroughly), please contact us through email as follows:
Subject Line: Local Author Consignment Submission
- Authors residing in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming will be considered local.
- The Midnight Oil carries a maximum of 9 (nine)consignment titles at a time. Openings will be limited, therefore we may not be taking on 9 (nine) new titles every submissions period.
- If an author is interested in consignment while consignment is at capacity, they must wait for the next submissions openings.
- A maximum of 9 books will be considered during each submission period. They are considered on a first come, first served basis, although depending on the submission period we may be accepting less than 9 titles.
- Authors must interview in person through appointment and arrive with copy of book to be considered for consignment. Book will be left with The Midnight Oil for review until decision is made.
- Authors will be notified no later than the last day of the submissions month if their book has been selected or not.
- Author will be responsible for book retrieval if not accepted for consignment.
- If an author’s book is selected, a time will be scheduled to handle the contract, fee payment, and delivery of books to the store.
- Books accepted for consignment will be up to The Midnight Oil’s discretion. Some requirements for acceptance are as follows:
- Professional and well-designed book cover
- Author and book title listed on spine
- Barcode and ISBN printed on the back of the book
- Professional page design.
- Text is well-proofread.